MABPCB will list employment opportunities for free for 3 months. If you are looking for employment in the behavioral health field, look here first.
Job available at West Virginia University Carruth Center. Attached is the description of the job and also a link to the WVU Careers Job Bulletin. https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/internal/jobdetail.ftl?job=08380&tz=GMT-04%3A00 – Posted May 22, 2018
LEAD SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR, CAC-AD
HUDSON HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
Exciting opportunity to join an established and expanding organization. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Hudson Health Services is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization providing Behavioral Health Treatment in Salisbury, Maryland. Since its inception in 1980, Hudson Health Services has been providing cutting edge treatment for Substance Use and other co-occurring disorders. Our services include Detoxification, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Partial Hospitalization, Halfway, and Transitional Housing.
This growing organization is currently seeking qualified candidates for LEAD SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR. Excellent benefits package available to include paid leave, health and life insurance, matched 403(b), short and long term disability.
Candidates MUST be certified by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a CAC-AD. .
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Minimum three to five years of chemical dependency counseling experience.
Must have bachelor’s degree in related field, CAC-AD required.
- Represent and promote HHS at requested community forums.
- Maintain close communication with counseling staff, provide training and empower counselors.
- Resolve patient complaints and/or concerns with oversight from Clinical Director of Residential Services.
- Provide drug and alcohol counseling, provide ongoing clinical assessment and monitor patient progress.
- Complete case reviews: initial, 72- hour, 7-day, and discharge.
- Maintain collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Provide didactics, task groups, family sessions and individuals sessions as assigned.
- Review all data in EMR for compliance requirements for all counselors.
- Complete discharges in EMR.
- Provide patient intervention as indicated (i.e. patient staffing, therapeutic restriction, AMA patients).
- Develop and review patient treatment plans from counseling team.
- Document all patient care and confirm counseling team is in compliance.
- Create and ensure atmosphere of empowering and assisting counseling staff which involves but not limited to review of patient treatment plans, compliance checking and observation of group and individual work.
- Recommend trainings to the CEO and Human Resource Director that will help the counseling staff and bring CEU units as well.
- Carry out the policies and procedures of Hudson Health Services, Inc.
- Support the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director of Residential, Clinical Liaison and President/CEO.
For consideration, please email resume to Suzanne Caputo, Director of Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BHA keeps a list of job opportunities. Here’s their page: http://bha.dhmh.maryland.gov/Pages/Employment-Opportunities-(Programs)-.aspx