EXCELLENT PART-TIME OPENING FOR CPRS IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY
– Addictions and Mental Health Center
– MedStar Montgomery Medical Center, Olney, MD
– 20 hours per week
– Mostly Evening
Responsible for support services to promote ongoing recovery efforts of patients within the Outpatient Addictions and Dual Diagnosis Treatment IOPs. Focus is on high-risk populations: opiate users, transitional age youth (TAY), multiple relapsers, and those who under-utilize community supports. Works directly with outpatients struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders to identify and accept challenges and opportunities for recovery, reaching out in person and/or over the telephone to encourage goal attainment, problem solving and linking to appropriate community resources within the patient’s ability and means. Works directly under an RPS and within the treatment team. Please see link below to apply.
– High School Diploma or Equivalent
– AA degree or higher preferred
– Ability to work with individuals with all types of substance use and co-occurring disorders at all stages of recovery from many different cultures and backgrounds.
– Certified as a Peer Recovery Specialist by the Maryland Addiction & Behavioral-Health Professionals Certification Board, or near-ready to take the exam. Site can provide supervision for certification.